Hello and welcome to SHS walks! Following our break due to COVID-19 we are excited to be coming back and will be doing things a little differently!
- Walks and registration will now be organised on Meetup, please join us here for the latest walk information.
More walk locations, we are adding new London walks and extending walks to Brighton and Wales!
- Limited numbers - due to the pandemic and to make walks more manageable we are making these walked ticketed with a cap on attendees.
- September donations are going to be sent to Hector’s Greyhound Rescue to help take care of the greyhound puppies born 13-14th August.
We’ve put together some guidelines to ensure everyone attending has an enjoyable and safe experience. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with them.
- When you arrive, please meet a walk leader who will show you which group to join
- The walk is ON LEAD only.
- Once photos and announcements have been made you are welcome to stay for any off lead socialisation, please wait for the dogs who don’t want to stay to leave before going off lead.
- Walking in a large group of fellow hounds is exciting for humans and dogs alike but it might also be a bit overwhelming. If you know your dog may become anxious or you’re just getting to know each other please give yourselves a bit of extra distance from other walkers.
- If necessary please bring and use a muzzle. Our dogs safety is always our priority. If your dog has a possibility of reacting towards other dogs or wildlife a muzzle is required. The group leader has the discretion to ask any reactive dog to leave the walk to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Please carry poop bags and pick up after your dog or another if you spot it’s been missed
- We’re sharing the park with lots of other people and animals, please be considerate.
- You are solely responsible for your dog and its safety, please keep an eye on them and stop any unruly behaviour immediately.
- Please pass over any charity donations to a walk leader.