We’ve put together some guidelines to ensure everyone attending has an enjoyable and safe experience. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with them.
- Greyhounds and other larger sighthounds will be the first group to leave with their designated walk leaders.
- Whippets and smaller sighthounds will be divided into 2 smaller groups, these will leave after the greyhounds with their walk leaders.
- The walk is ON LEAD only.
- All walk leaders wear colour coded sash’s.
- When we reach the final field for the family photo, the Greyhounds will be lined up waiting for the 2 whippet groups to join. It’s really important that during this time all dogs REMAIN ON LEADS.
- Once photos and announcements have been made you are welcome to stay for any off lead socialisation, please wait for the dogs who don’t want to stay to leave before going off lead.
- The walk is ON LEAD only
- Walking in a large group of fellow hounds is exciting for humans and dogs alike but it might also be a bit overwhelming. If you know your dog may become anxious or you’re just getting to know each other please give yourselves a bit of extra distance from other walkers.
- If necessary please bring and use a muzzle. Our dogs safety is always our priority. If your dog has a possibility of reacting towards other dogs or wildlife a muzzle is required. The group leader has the discretion to ask any reactive dog to leave the walk to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Please carry poop bags and pick up after your dog or another if you spot it’s been missed
- We’re sharing the park with lots of other people and animals, please be considerate.
- You are solely responsible for your dog and its safety, please keep an eye on them and stop any unruly behaviour immediately.
- Please pass over any charity donations to a walk leader.
Closest 24 hour vets
Goodard Veterinary Hospital Wanstead
84 New Wanstead, E11 2SY
Tel: 020 8989 7744
Clerkenwell Animal Hospital
15 Clerkenwell Road, EC1M 5PA
Tel: 020 7017 8950