In pre-Covid times Sighthound Sundays would meet in Victoria Park (East London) and Greenwich Park (South London) for a community walk. These have sadly been on hold since March 2020 due to the pandemic.
We have since created a series of local community hubs for sighthound owners to connect and meet up for ad hoc walks which are in line with the governments restrictions.
Sighthound Sundays East
First Sunday of the month
Sighthound Sundays South
Third Sunday of the month
We’ve put together some guidelines to ensure everyone attending has an enjoyable and safe experience. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with them.
- When you arrive, please meet a walk leader who will show you which group to join
- The walk is ON LEAD only.
- Once photos and announcements have been made you are welcome to stay for any off lead socialisation, please wait for the dogs who don’t want to stay to leave before going off lead.
- Walking in a large group of fellow hounds is exciting for humans and dogs alike but it might also be a bit overwhelming. If you know your dog may become anxious or you’re just getting to know each other please give yourselves a bit of extra distance from other walkers.
- If necessary please bring and use a muzzle. Our dogs safety is always our priority. If your dog has a possibility of reacting towards other dogs or wildlife a muzzle is required. The group leader has the discretion to ask any reactive dog to leave the walk to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Please carry poop bags and pick up after your dog or another if you spot it’s been missed
- We’re sharing the park with lots of other people and animals, please be considerate.
- You are solely responsible for your dog and its safety, please keep an eye on them and stop any unruly behaviour immediately.
- Please pass over any charity donations to a walk leader.
Closest 24 hour vetsGoodard Veterinary Hospital Wanstead
84 New Wanstead, E11 2SY
Tel: 020 8989 7744
Clerkenwell Animal Hospital
15 Clerkenwell Road, EC1M 5PA
Tel: 020 7017 8950